Interested in creating a chemical free home? Follow our journey and learn what swaps you can make TODAY to get you one step closer to a chemical free home.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read the full disclosure.
Interested in creating a chemical free home?
To be honest, this never crossed my mind. Partially due to my limiting belief and partially due to ignorance. I was completely unaware of the chemicals in my home.
My AHA moment:
- when our son had a reaction to sunscreen and
- our daughter ingested a piece of a dishwasher tab.
Not moments I’m proud of, but moments that were necessary for me to get to where I am today… our journey to a chemical free-ish home! I don’t believe in perfection.
Before we dive into Month 1, you can read all about why we started our journey to a chemical free home, our plan and my limiting belief here.
This all started with a Young Living premium starter kit, a bottle of V6 carrier oil and Super B.
For a number of years I have been watching a friend share her journey with oils. A few years ago, I received some free samples and at the time I wasn’t ready to commit. To be honest, I was skeptical!
Fast forward to today… things have changed. A few months ago oils seemed to be popping up daily in my life and my curiosity was sparked.
I starting wondering…
- How could oils support my spiritual practice?
- How could oils support my families immunity?
- How could oils support my kids sleep?
- What other products does YL offer?
So, I intuitively purchased a premium starter kit.
Just. Like. That.
I can be quite indecisive, so to make a decision this quick… I was impressed with myself.
WHY YOUNG LIVING?
As I wondered how essential oils could support my family, I also wondered what the differences were between essential oil companies. If I am going to invest in essential oils, then I want to make sure I choose the best fit for my family.
For me it was simple…
- I personally knew and trusted a mom, whose kids are similar in age to mine, who uses Young Living essential oils and
- Young Living owns their own farms and there is opportunity to visit their farms which totally excites this farm girl!
If you are interested in learning what really sets apart Young Living from the rest, let’s chat.
HOW WE USE OUR ESSENTIAL OILS
There are three main ways to use essential oils:
- Aromatically: diffuse or breath
- Topically: apply to the skin
- Internally: add to food or beverages
Personally, the ways in which we use our oils is exactly in the order listed above. Mostly, we diffuse. We do have a few oils we apply topically to ourselves and our kids. Our son will ask for foot massages and when he does his little sister will lay right down beside him and patiently wait for her turn. It’s the cutest thing!
The one tool that has really helped us dive into our premium starter kit is the Ref Guide for Essential Oils app by Abundant Health. This app allows you to search by oil or by ailment, tells you the best way to apply and allows you to record notes. If you use essential oils, you need this app! It has become our go-to reference for essential oil use and I wholeheartedly believe if we did not have this app, we would not get as much use out of our oils.
THE CANADIAN PREMIUM STARTER KIT
The premium starter kit comes with:
- 11 Essential Oils
- Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier
- 2 NingXia Red Samples
- AromaGlide Roller Fitment
Below is a list of the essential oils included in the kit, as well as our favourite ways to use them!
- sleep support, especially for the kids
- apply topically for headaches & to clear sinuses
- add to water for upset stomach or an afternoon pick me up
- remove unwanted permanent marker off the floor
- remove sticky residue
- diffuse for fresh & uplifting scent
- diffuse to elevate mood
- apply topically to amplify the effects of other oils
- diffuse & apply topically for whole family immunity support
- apply topically to relieve pain and sore muscles
- diffuse & apply topically for whole family respiratory support
- purify & cleanse the air
- kill after dinner odours
- apply topically for tummy troubles
- diffuse during meditation
Northern Lights Black Spruce:
- when it’s -40C and we can’t get outside we diffuse this to bring the outdoors in
Please keep in mind, the uses listed above are the ways we love to use our oils. There are many more ways these oils can support you and your family. We have only been using them for a month and are still learning the many ways we can incorporate oils into our daily routine.
HOW TO GET STARTED ON YOUR OWN JOURNEY
Our journey to a chemical free-ish home has been a huge lifestyle change. A change that we are accomplishing in small, manageable steps. Your journey may look different than ours. You may choose to take smaller steps or bigger steps or no steps at all. And that’s ok! All that truly matters is that you are doing what is right for you and your family. Please know that I am here to support you every step of the way!
Interested in learning more about oils? Let’s chat!
Or, ready to dive in? Click here to get started on your journey to a chemical free home!
Be sure to follow along on instagram as we transform our home from chemical filled to chemical free! Do you use essential oils? What’s your favorite oil and why?! Let me know in the comments below.