Interested in redecorating your laundry room for under $100? Our modern farmhouse laundry room makeover will inspire you to get started today!
Guys, I have been hard at work on our modern farmhouse laundry room makeover and I am so excited to share it with you!
First, some background information. For those of you who don’t know our story, here’s the very short version:
- Girl grows up on farm.
- Girl takes off to University to play hockey.
- Girl meets boy.
- Girl & Boy decide they want to farm.
- Girl takes off to round two of University.
- Girl & Boy get married.
- Girl is still in University & Boy is farming. AKA – long distance!
- Girl & Boy purchase Girl’s Grandparent’s house on the farm.
- Girl & Boy live happily ever after doing what seems like years of renovations.
It feels like years of renovations because it has been years of renovations! Excuse me while I go ask my husband what year we moved into this house. Okay, we figured it out… it was the middle of 2013. We lived in what felt (and looked) like my grandparents house for nearly two years before even starting to add our personal touch.
In 2015, we started our first renovation. We updated the paint, trim, blinds and fireplace, as well as the guest bathroom and the laundry area.
In 2017, we decided to tackle the kitchen & dining area. There are still a few projects that need to be completed by yours truly before we can deem this renovation complete.
In 2018, we were desperate for more space (Hubs was desperate for a man cave & I was desperate for an office). We started on our unfinished basement and are still working on it today. If you follow me on instagram and watch my stories – you already know this!
These renovations consumed a lot of our time and money and therefore I have yet to do any decorating. I take that back. Our bedrooms are decorated but all other areas of the house are bare. Like bare bones. Not a single photo hanging on the wall. Unless, you count the “portrait” my toddler drew on the wall with marker the other day. Kids! (insert eye roll)
This past week that all changed! I took our laundry room from drab to fab. Do people still say that? Anyway, check out our how I decorated our modern farmhouse laundry room for less than $100!
First, let’s go all the way back to where the laundry room started…
MY GRANDPARENT’S LAUNDRY CLOSET
This is what the laundry “room” looked like when we moved in. The washer and dryer were in the middle of a closet and there was so much wasted space. I knew this area could be much more functional and stylish. So we decided to tear down the closet and open up the space. I had a few people try to talk me out of this, telling me I wouldn’t be able to “hide” the mess but I’m happy to say I don’t have any regrets! None at all.
Now, let’s get back to today…
BEFORE THE DECOR MAKEOVER
What a transformation, hey?!
As, you can see there isn’t any decor. Not a single thing. Unless, you count the real life clutter that’s happening in this photo as decor.
Just for a minute, let’s keep it real and talk about the real life clutter. I washed the kids footwear and then set it out to dry before putting it into storage and I think it’s safe to say it’s dry since it’s been there for about a month. The load of towels in the dryer – they’ve been in there for a couple days. If I leave them long enough my husband will get annoyed and fold them himself. The remaining items don’t have a home thanks to the basement renovation that is currently underway. Just keeping it real.
AFTER THE DECOR MAKEOVER
Ahh, I just love it! There was a lot of DIYing that went into this makeover, which is the main reason I was able to keep the transformation under $100. As you guys know, I believe in filling your home with items that mean something to you, bring you joy and serve a purpose. I definitely accomplished that in this makeover.
So, let’s break it down…
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read the full disclosure.
- I already had this and it wasn’t being used. Bonus!
- Totally fits in with the modern farmhouse style.
- It functions as our dryer ball holder.
- Check out this stunning rustic metal basket.
Faux Plants – $12
- I really wanted some greenery in this space and I prefer the real deal… However, since this area does not get any natural light I went with these faux plants from Dollar Store. Although they don’t have the benefits of real plants, they do add the greenery I was looking for.
- If you can’t find these at your local Dollar Store, these faux succulents would look great too!
Mason Jar Dispenser – $11
- Definetly fits in with the modern farmhouse style.
- Holds & dispenses our Thieves laundry detergent.
- Bonus, I scored this on sale! If you’re not local to a Canadian Tire, check out this similar Mason Jar Dispenser.
Pie Plate – $4
- Another Dollar Store find!
- I flipped the pie plate around and used it to elevate the laundry detergent dispenser.
- I have a lace doily to add to the top, but it is currently blocked by more baseboards than I would like to move.
- I just love the look of these signs. They scream farmhouse!
- I made these myself, without any power tools! Can you believe it?
- Click here to learn how to make your very own wash, dry, fold, repeat signs.
Memorable Days Sign – $30
- This sign was designed to go with the photos hanging below it.
- I love it! It screams imperfection. The paint bled through the stencil. I had to use a lot of wood filler on one side of the frame. But, I put a lot of love into this sign and I am dang proud of it.
- Learn how to make your very own DIY Farmhouse Sign here.
Hanging Photos – $26
- The pant hangers cost $8 and are very fitting for a laundry room. Also, super easy to change the photos. I’ve had these hangers and this idea since before we torn down the closet!
- The 8 x 10 photos cost $18 and you better believe I will be encouraging all kinds of shenanigans so we can keep these “dirty clothes” photos up to date!
And there you have it, our newly decorated Modern Farmhouse Laundry Room. What room in your home would you love to make over? Let me know in the comments below!
PIN FOR LATER!