Deciding to get help can be difficult. It was for me! Read below to find out how one decision and $110 changed the course of my life. Could the same decision change your life?
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read the full disclosure.
Deciding to get help can be difficult. It was for me. The stigmas, they suck. People who choose to get help often deal with unfair misconceptions and assumptions about what they are going through and who they are as a person.
When I decided to start seeing a life coach, I kept it to myself… until now.
I feared others judgement.
I feared my own judgement.
When I booked my first appointment with my life coach, Amanda, I clicked the ‘book now’ button so fast. I had too! I could feel my mean girl starting to weigh in on the decision and I knew if I didn’t commit she would have me second guessing my decision and eventually talking me out of getting help. Side note: If you haven’t read ‘Mastering Your Mean Girl’ by Mellisa Ambrosini – do it! I highly recommend it.
Judgement. It’s a terrible thing.
Over the past couple months, I have learned the person I judge most is myself.
My mean girl is LOUD and I’m working damn hard at quieting her.
I WAS BROUGHT TO TEARS…
Let me tell you about my first appointment with Amanda. I was so nervous. To the point that I could barely string together a full sentence. My voice was that shaky. I went in to the appointment not really knowing what I needed help with, but knowing I needed help.
Amanda is an intuitive life coach, meaning she has the ability to read energy and connect with your spiritual team to assist you throughout all areas of life. I booked my first session so fast that I wasn’t fully aware what I was about to experience. I didn’t even read the part about energy and spiritual team, so you can imagine how surprised I was when she started communicating with my spiritual team! Side note: at the time I was not a spiritual person at all.
In our first session Amanda asked “What kind of woman do you want to be?”. Loaded question, right?! I listed off a couple qualities and then I was brought to tears. I was so choked up I could barely get the words out. “Kind and accepting”, I said with a shaky voice after I tried to compose myself. In turn, she asked me “Do you not think you are kind and accepting?”. To which I replied with hesitation, “I think I am.”.
After our session, I could not stop thinking about this and why it triggered me the way it did. Then it came to me… I am kind and accepting to others but not to myself.
THE START OF A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY…
My mean girl has been running my life for years and it’s time to change that.
Working with Amanda has taken me on a spiritual journey. A journey of self-awareness. A journey that I never would have started if I had listened to my inner critic and not spent that $110.
As I become more self-aware, I am learning how my self-judgement is so ingrained and feels so normal that I wasn’t even recognizing it. Talk about eye opening.
WHO RUNS YOUR WORLD…
It actually blows my mind that our subconscious can run our life – if we let it!
Our beliefs belong to our subconscious mind and therefore are executed on auto pilot. Like the self-judgement I mentioned earlier. Most of our limiting beliefs can be traced back to our childhood. These beliefs are nothing more than learned thought patterns that your subconscious believes to be true. This doesn’t mean they are true!
FROM LIMITING BELIEFS TO SELF-BELIEF…
With Amanda’s help I have been working on:
- becoming conscious of my beliefs,
- determining which ones serve me and which ones don’t,
- overcoming my limiting beliefs,
- and as a result reprogramming my mind.
Some of the tools I use:
- Reading: Each session Amanda has a new book recommendation for me and every single time her recommendations have been spot on. The book is exactly what I needed to read at that exact moment.
- Journaling: This has been, by far, the hardest for me. Each session Amanda will give me a few journal prompts, but they only last me a couple days. Once I’ve used those prompts, I really struggle with what to write.
- Positive Affirmations: My bedroom and bathroom is littered with positive affirmation sticky notes. If a positive thought is repeated often enough, it will become strong enough to override the existing thought. Amazing, right? Words are powerful!
- Meditation: Meditate? There’s no way I will be able to stop my thoughts… is exactly what I thought when Amanda suggested this. Her response totally changed my mindset. “You don’t have to quiet your mind”, she said. She explained that when you have a thought during meditation, acknowledge it and let it go. Just like that. I love meditation! Seriously, it’s been a game changer for me!
This process has not been easy. It has been difficult, yet so rewarding. Amanda’s unique gifts have changed the course of my life and I really can’t thank her enough for all she has done and all she continues to do for me. If you are interested in learning more about Amanda and what she can do for you, click here.
Do not underestimate the power of your beliefs – if you let them, they will run your life. Your subconscious mind has your comfort zone memorized and it works tirelessly to keep you in it that zone. Do not let it! Push yourself out of your comfort zone. Consciously, PUSH! Fight hard to live the life YOU desire. You deserve it!
Whoa, that was vulnerable! I share so openly to help break the stigma and inspire others to seek help if needed. Have you ever saw a life coach? If so, I would love to know how it has impacted your life. Let me know in the comments below.