Want to get out the door quicker in the morning without forgoing breakfast? These freezer friendly breakfast sandwiches will do just that!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read the full disclosure.
Mornings. Whether you are a working mom or a stay at home mom mornings can be hectic, to say the least. So much to do in so little time! I’m about to make your mornings a little less hectic one freezer friendly breakfast sandwich at a time.
No standing over the stove. No toasting english muffins. No assembling. Just peacefully enjoying your coffee while your oven does the work. Sounds dreamy, right?!
This tutorial will show you how to do all the cooking & assembling ahead of time (in only 20 minutes), so you can add a bit more calm to your morning.
Roll up your sleeves and let’s get started!
FREEZER FRIENDLY BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
- Jumbo Muffin Tins
- Eggs (12)
- English Muffins (12)
- Back Bacon Rounds (12)
- Cheese (12 slices)
- Freezer Bag
- Permanent Marker
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease muffin tin. Crack one egg at a time & place it in the muffin tin. Using a fork, break each yolk.
3. Bake eggs for 12-15 minutes at 350.
4. While the eggs are baking, lay out 12 pieces of tinfoil.
5. On top of each piece of tinfoil, place an open english muffin.
6. Add a cheese slice to each english muffin.
7. Pat dry the back bacon rounds and add one slice to each english muffin.
8. Once the eggs are baked and cooled, add egg to each english muffin.
9. Place the top on the bottom and wrap the sandwich in tinfoil.
10. Label your freezer bag and add english muffins.
11. Seal the bag airtight and place in freezer.
Tip: Place a plastic straw on one side of the bag. Seal the bag all the way until you hit the straw. Use the straw to suck out all the air in the bag. It’s as if you have one of those fancy vacuum food sealers, but free!
WHEN YOU ARE READY TO ENJOY
1. Remove breakfast sandwich from the freezer and thaw overnight in fridge.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Bake in tinfoil for 15 mins.
Tip: I like to flip the muffin halfway through baking so both sides of the english muffin are crisp.
3. Make it your own! Once it is done in the oven, add whatever you like. Maybe some tomato and spinach for mama? And some ketchup for the kids & the hubby? That’s what ‘make it your own’ looks like in our house anyway. But there are so many possibilities – have fun with it or enjoy it as is!
And just like that your mornings became a little less craaaaazy!
These freezer friendly breakfast sandwiches are great for when hubs needs to hit the field early and they’ve even been known to make an appearance at the lunch table. So versatile!
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below.
Interested in more ways to streamline your morning?
- Check out my fresh muffins in minutes hack!
- Read all about the benefits of getting up before your kids!